Want to donate to St John's?

Donate through CAFOnline

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Cub Scout Leader takes on Kilimanjaro!!


Twenty year old Jacqueline Clements from New Malden, and a junior member of the leaders team at the 1st Old Malden St John the Baptist Scout Group came home last weekend after taking on the climb up to the top of Mount Kilamanjaro. Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa, the highest 'walkable' mountain in the world, and a magnificent and spectacular undertaking for this young leader. Jacqueline said after the climb. "I wanted to do Kilimanjaro as a personal challenge and it also helped me completed my gold Duke of Edinburgh. I thought Kilimanjaro would be a simple hill walk, but I was wrong! It was hard, tiring and steep. Reaching the summit I tied my Scout Group scarf, it made all the blood, sweat and tears worth every minute. I hope in the future to do another mountain, but maybe smaller! Jacqueline is a leader with 1st Old Malden’s Kipling Cup Scout pack and will be giving the Cubs a full de-brief of her exploits when they return from their holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're really proud of Jacquie's achievement. Maybe we'll have some future similarly motivated young people in the Group when the Cubs hear of her exploits!
Tim
Group Scout Leader