Want to donate to St John's?

Donate through CAFOnline

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Churchwardens at the weekend ...


Churchwarden Mike Broome sent us this report

"Here is a picture of my car competing at Shelsley Walsh near Worcester. The oldest motorsport venue in the world with over 100 years of use. The hill which is really steep is about a 1000yds long and takes me about 36.00 secs to get to the finish line from a standing start.

Last weekend I competed in two one day meetings at Shelsley. On the Saturday I won my class for cars built up to 1975. On Sunday I took part in a round of the National Hillclimb and Sprint Championship and now lead my class by one point with one meeting left to go.

My car is a 1971 Formula Ford Elden powered by a 1600cc Ford Cortina engine. Top speed on a race track is around 120 mph. On the hills it is geared for 95 mph."

(I had a Ford Cortina once, but strangely it never achieved that level of performance ... KS)

No comments: